Dear Parents / Guardians,
We hope all is well with you this fortnight. Our news is as follows:
- Lost and Found: Our Lost and Found Box is bursting at the seams! Please call to the office if your daughter has lost an item of clothing at school. We will display all items on tables in the main hallway (directly outside the office) between 1.40pm – 2.40pm next Monday and Tuesday afternoon.. Please feel free to come in and take items that belong to your child. Any items that are left over at the end of the week (on Friday between 1.40 and 2.40) will go to the first claimant or to charity in the event of no claim.
- Basketball: On Monday 3rd December, our basketball team travelled to Prosperous to play our final match of the league. The team played brilliantly and were victorious. The final score was 16 – 10. We now await the fixtures for the semi final
- Oral Language: For the month of December, our whole-school Oral Language theme is Vocabulary Development. All classes will be engaged in activities based around helping the children to develop their vocabulary. This is something that you can quite easily work on at home with your child(ren). It is only through school and home working closely together that we can achieve the very best outcome for your child(ren).
- Christmas Fair and Cake sale: On Friday 14th December there will be a Christmas Fair and Cake Sale in the hall hosted by the sixth class pupils. Any donations such as cakes, buns and cookies or small prizes for our big raffle would be greatly appreciated. Raffle tickets will cost 50c. All the money raised by the Fair will be donated to Sr. Celine Conway who is helping less fortunate people of Brazil. Sr. Celine grew up in Rathangan and is a past pupil of our school. We are tremendously proud of the wonderful work she does in Brazil and endeavour to help her every Christmas by raising much-needed funds for her extremely worthy cause. We are advising that children bring a bag to school to carry home the treats they have bought. Everything that will be on display will cost no more than 50 cent and games such as ‘guess how many marbles in the jar’, ‘how many pegs can you clip on’ etc. will cost 20 cent per go.
- Message from the Active School Committee: The Active School committee hope that everyone is getting started on their training for our 5/10k Fun Run. Pupils will start after the Christmas break to be ready for the big event. Info on registration go to https://register.primoevents.com/ps/login
- Reminder: No medicines are allowed at school. If your child has a medical condition for which medicine/inhaler etc. must be administered, please contact the school, as Board of Management approval must be granted for this. Please see our administration of medication policy at www.bunscoilbhride.ie for more information.
- Carol Service: Our annual Carol Service will take place in the Church on Tuesday 18th December at 7.30pm. This year all classes from 2nd to 6th will take part in the Carol Service. All pupils will wear their school uniform. Ms. Rowley will conduct the choir and Ms. De Faoite and Ms. Dillon will provide the musical accompaniment. We look forward to a very enjoyable night.
- Special Visitor: I have heard a rumour that the Parents’ Association have been in contact with a very special person from the North Pole, who may visit the school on Friday 21st December. We look forward to welcoming our special guest!
- Christmas Presents: Again this year, we ask you not to purchase Christmas gifts for teachers. What the teachers really value is the words of thanks and appreciation uttered by pupils and parents. This is worth far more to us than any gift that can be purchased.
- Christmas Holidays: The school will close at 12pm on Friday 21st December. We would like to wish you all a very peaceful, happy and holy Christmas and every blessing for the year ahead. Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi mahise daoibh go léir!
Rós O’ Sullivan
Parents Association News
Christmas Non Uniform Day: The PA is holding a non-uniform day on Thursday December 20th. All children are encouraged to wear something Christmassy on the day. Any donation to the Parents’ Association fund would be greatly appreciated