Dear Parents / Guardians,
We hope all is well with you this fortnight. Our news is as follows:
- Peace Proms: Our Peace Proms team has begun practising with Ms. Rowley, Ms De Faoite and Ms. Dillon. They will attend a workshop in the National Indoor Arena, Dublin on the 8th of December to receive more training for the concert in February. Tickets for the concert in the RDS on Saturday 4th of February at 8pm will go on pre-sale to parents of the girls attending on Tuesday 1st of November at 10am. The girls will receive the promotion code today going home to gain access to this pre-sale. General sale will go on sale November 8th at 10am for anyone hoping to attend to support the girls.
- Football: We are immensely proud of our Under-11 Gaelic footballers who represented Bunscoil Bhríde so valiantly last Wednesday in Moorefield. Against a very strong Kill side, our girls showed their tenacity and determination by working hard for each other until the final minutes of the game and should be very proud of themselves. We are really looking forward to having these girls involved with and supporting our U-13 team when training resumes in January. Thanks to all our parents (and grandparents) who encouraged and supported the team throughout all our games this term and to their super coaches; Ms. Frawley, Mr. O’Sullivan and Ms. Dineen.
- Debating: The debating team are working very hard preparing and researching for Round 2 of the Concern Primary School Debating Competition which will take place during the week of November 14th. We are opposing the motion that “Households should be fined for wasting food”. A very relevant and challenging topic of which the team are doing an excellent job preparing for. The very best of luck to the team and their mentors Ms. Costello, Ms. Dillon and Ms. Banks.
- Basketball: Basketball training with Ms. Dineen and Ms. Gleeson will resume on Thursday 10th November and will run on Thursdays from 2.30pm to 3.15pm in the school. We would urge all children from Fifth and Sixth Class to attend.
- Science Week: Science Week will take place from 14th to 18th November and we look forward to celebrating it here in the school with lots of science activities taking place in all classes. Our Parents’ Association are funding a visit on Friday 18th November by world-famous ecologist, author and environmentalist Dale Treadwell, who will engage some of our classes in workshops on Biodiversity. He will work with the remainder of our classes later in the year. We look forward to learning all about this theme.
- Creative Rathangan workshop: Ms. O’Connor’s and Ms. Coughlan’s Third Classes will take part in a workshop entitled ‘Creative Rathangan’ on 18th and 25th November respectively, which will see the girls visit Tannery Park and the library. The workshops are being facilitated by local artist Monica de Bath and local ecologist/historian, Michael Jacob. Photos of the event will be available to view on our website www.bunscoilbhride.ie.
- School Website: Please check out our school website, which is frequently updated. Keep an eye on the class blogs to see what our girls are up to. Go to www.bunscoilbhride.ie and click on ‘Classes’ and select your daughter’s class.
- Christmas Annuals: Tomorrow is the final day to order Christmas Annuals (this is optional). If you wish to place an order for your child(ren), please do so by tomorrow. Payments must be made online via the ‘Money’ tab on the Aladdin app. Please note that the payment request will remain on your page until tomorrow, even when you have made a purchase (this is to facilitate parents who wish to place a second order after their first). The payment link will disappear from the page after tomorrow.
- Christmas Shoe Box Appeal: A reminder to all those who wish to participate in the Christmas Shoe Box Appeal: Shoe boxes will be collected from the school tomorrow morning.
- Punctuality: School starts at 8.50am. It is vital that your child attends for school on time. Arriving even 12 minutes late for class each morning effectively means your child is missing out on one hour of tuition every week. Please ensure your daughter is also collected promptly at 2.30pm every day or if you wish her to walk on a given day, that she is aware of this.
- Oral Language: For the month of November, our whole-school Oral Language is Giving and Following Directions. All classes will be engaged in activities based around helping the children to competently give and follow directions. This is something that you can quite easily work on at home with your child(ren). It is only through school and home working closely together that we can achieve the very best outcome for your child(ren).
- Parent-Teacher Meetings: Please ensure you have booked your time slot for Parent Teacher Meetings for the week of 14th November. Booking can be done via the ‘Parent Teacher Meetings’ tab on the Aladdin app. Please ensure you arrive promptly at your appointment time. Meetings will be 10 minutes in duration and we ask that parents knock on the classroom door at their appointed time. Chairs will be provided outside the classrooms. Please ensure you know your child(ren)’s classroom number. Rooms 1 to 6 are downstairs and rooms 7 to 12 upstairs.
- A Spooky Walk/Non Uniform Day: Our Spooky Walk will take place tomorrow at 11am, weather permitting. This will be a non-uniform day and the children are invited to dress up in Halloween costumes if they wish, but they will need to wear warm clothes and sensible shoes for outdoor walking.We will walk to the Garda station and back to the school (infant classes will walk to Ma’s Kitchen). We would love to see any parents / family members out to greet us on our walk. We are asking for an optional donation of €1 from children on the day, which will go towards providing a skipping workshop for all classes in the school this term.
- Midterm Break: Bunscoil Bhríde will close for the midterm break tomorrow and will reopen on Monday November 7th. We trust everyone will enjoy a well-deserved break after such a busy half-term term.